About Battlefords ECIP
"Battlefords Early Childhood Intervention Program will provide home based services and supports to families with children who are birth to school age, who are developmentally delayed or "at risk" for delay, to identify and implement realistic goals for their children and family."
BECIP operates under the direction of a governing Board, who is made up of family participants, interested agency personnel and past consumers. Recognizing the need for input from parents into various parts of our program, BECIP invites any participation from families. Any parents interested in participating on, or wanting more information, please contact the Executive Director at BECIP.
Referrals for BECIP services are made by professionals in the community and/or by families contacting the BECIP office directly. An Admission and Discharge Committee that is coordinated by the Executive Director review all referrals. An initial home visit is made to the family and an application and parent agreement is completed. Children may require to be placed on a waiting list until an available space is open. Once your child is placed onto caseload you can expect home visits to commence.
BECIP believes that all children with developmental delays or who are at risk for delay:
- Shall be seen as children first.
- Shall be served within the context of their families.
- All families should have access to early intervention support services.
- Shall be provided with inclusive opportunities in education, leisure, recreational and other community activities.
- Shall have readily available access to special resources and facilities as needed.
Parents are the first and most important teachers in their child's life, as well, the child can learn best in the familiar atmosphere of the home. That is why ECIP's are home-based. A child is a child first and we believe we must build on the strengths of the child and the family. We must show acceptance and understanding of families needs and various cultural or religious beliefs. We provide support to parents and children through home visiting, to assist the child/children in reaching their developmental milestones. BECIP works towards developing supports and services through community partnerships.
Families of children 0 - school age will receive support from within the community to ensure children, in their early years, reach their optimal development.
- Early Childhood Services will be a continuum of integrated services
- Family-centered approach
- Integrated health, social, educational and culturally appropriate services
- Service coordination is essential to build supports around the family